365 T-shirts - the reasoning

This blog should be sub-titled: a journal of my life in geek.

I get my geek on with things about which I am geeky: comic books, Baseball, Ultimate, science fiction, my favorite bands, books I have read and loved, and Jungian psychology to name some of the most frequently traversed subjects.

I began this project simply as a way to count my T-shirts. I own a lot of T-shirts. But how many do I have? Do I have 365? We shall find out.

When I started this blog, I thought about how each T-shirt means something to me. I bought it for a reason, after all. I set myself the task to post an entry about a new T-shirt every day as a way to simply write something every day, a warm up for writing fiction, which is my passion. Writing is like exercise. Warm ups are good for exercise. But after completing a month of blogging about T-shirts, I have learned that this blog serves as a journal; it documents my life in geek, sort of a tour of my interests in pop culture. The blog serves as a tool for self-inventory, for assessment and analysis of self and the origins of self, for stepping through the process of individuation in catalogues, lists, and ranks.

The blog also made me aware that I have some serious gaps in my T-shirt ownership, and I am in the process of collecting some new T-shirts for several of the great popular culture icons that I truly love. Stay tuned.

I was also a bit surprised that people checked out my blog and continue to check it, read it, and even comment on it. I am very appreciative of this readership. Please feel free to share your thoughts in my comments section. I will respond.

Also, please note that I have moved the original introductory text to the side bar. And now, I present to you the most recent entry of 365 T-shirts: a journal of my life in geek. Thank you for reading.
(Second Update - 1310.24. First Update - 1306.05 Originally Posted - 1304.25.)

Monday, January 13, 2014

T-shirt #297 - Centrals 1991

T-shirt #297 - Centrals 1991

Hello. Thanks for stopping by. Mr. T-shirt blogger man was in catch up mode, and so this one as originally conceived has very little text. However, I am happy to report that the T-shirt blog is current and there are no longer incomplete entries on the blog roll.

Hurrah!! Ding Dong! And so it goes. Same as it ever was.

Originally, I delayed this post to see if I had content to add, but then in a lazy day with the puppy, which involved comic books, Shwarma leftovers, and comic books as it often does, I published what I had (which is more or less this much) to the blog from my tablet, only updating the published date I keep in text (as opposed to the one generated by Blogger) before sending through the post.

I had the Panthers to win or beat a 1 1/2 point spread, so that was a bust. But I did have the Chargers to beat a ten point spread against the Broncos, and that happened. Hurrah again.

Not much to add to today's content. I have a lot of Ultimate shirts. This is an old one! It will be 23 years old this May. I wondered how my life would be now if I had conceived a child in this year rather than buying a shirt. Boggles my mind.

TODAY'S SHIRT: This is the shirt from the Centrals Ultimate tournament held in East Lansing in 1991.


The shirt I am actually wearing today: I originally featured this shirt in T-shirt #21, aptly titled "shirts you will never see on me in public." However, after an additional 276 days of T-shirt blogging, buying, and wearing, though I would not wear this shirt on a date with my wife or to teach a class or to meet a friend, it is possible to see me wearing it at other times. I was wearing it (though it was under my coat) last night when I went to pick up my Shwarma King.


COUNTDOWN TO END OF THE BLOG YEAR - 68 shirts remaining

- chris tower - 1401.12 - 19:20

No comments:

Post a Comment