This picture is misleading. I NEVER sleep on my stomach, and even if I did, I can't now because I would crush the tube running from my catheter to the bedside bag.
I decided to take another day of hiatus. Semi-hiatus.
Energy is starting to return slowly.
Mr. T-shirt Blogger is taking a hiatus from the T-shirt blog for probably four days (that's the plan anyway.. and now I am up to six days). I will resume crazy, long, ridiculously complex posts that make your mind reel on Thursday August 22nd (I hope).
Check out the photo below. I should look stoned. This photo was taken just a few hours after surgery. I had a lot of narcotics in my system. But I have already been able to start reading as evidenced by the books on my little table. And I was lucid and speaking clearly (more or less).
RANDOM THOUGHTS AND NEWS TIDBITS
- Supposedly coffee irritates the catheter line. I have cut back but did not eliminate the life-giving liquids. So far I have not felt any additional irritation.
- Speaking of irritation, my patience is directly proportional to my pain. I have to keep talking to myself to determine if something that is irritating me would normally irritate me and/or if I should be irritated about the thing I am irritated about.
- The Tigers sent down Phil Coke, which is a good idea. Maybe he can find his control in Toledo.
- Miggy is injured. Okay, we knew he was injured. But he may have a new injury. This may not be terrible as the Tigers played pretty well when he sat the last time.
- Apparently, The NSA scans 75% of the Internet: ARTICLE HERE.
- John Oliver geek rants over Iron Man fact fail. FUNNY. I happen to agree. Get it right, Mainstream media. Some of us take this comic book stuff seriously.
- My Jam for today is "King for a Day" by XTC.
- I had another bowel movement. I know that many of you tune in to my blog just for that fact, so there you go. It's big news for me right now.
- Energy is low, but I am reading and resting and daydreaming and sleeping and walking and cuddling with the pets.
- One week after I blogged about Geof Darrow and complained that he was not producing enough work in comics, he announced the release of a new issue of Shaolin Cowboy due in October.
- I may use this convalescence time to catch up on movies that I have been wanting to watch, such as X-Men First Class, Anchorman, The Island, Tron Legacy, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns parts one and two, Batman Year One, Superman:Doomsday, Road to Perdition, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, and Moneyball.
- I started watching Under the Dome and discovered that I know one of the lead actors: Alexander Koch. Congratulations Alex! He's doing a great job playing Junior Rennie.
- I often feel badly when I fall behind on a comic book I dearly love. I just read six issues of Fables, which has consistently been a GREAT comic book for over ten years and one of my favorites. I love it and should not allow it stack up. On the other hand, I also caught up on Batman Incorporated, which was the subject of T-shirt #7, which was good but not mind-blowingly fantastic. I like Grant Morrison's work a lot, but sometimes, it seems a bit obscure and overly complex. He seems to introduce storylines that don't go anywhere, or, rather, do not reach a natural or even a satisfying conclusion.
- I finished Stephen King's Joyland the day before my surgery. Very enjoyable read. King is great with "Americana" and "American" character. Carnies are the heart and soul of old-time America. Fun, short, and worth reading. King should do more short novels.
- I started reading City of Bones: the Mortal Instruments #1 after finishing Joyland as I want to get the book read before I go see the movie. So far, I am unimpressed. It's okay but hardly fabulous. But I will read the whole thing before I pass my final judgment. This book will not make even the top twenty books I read this year, so far, but I do expect the movie to be halfway decent.
- I am not yet off the narcotics; I am walking a substantial distance at least once a day.
- Satchel just went to Camp Fido, using the Pet Taxi for the first time.
- I kept my surgery private prior to the having of the surgery mainly because I did not want to think about it very much, and the more people I told, the more conversations I would have to have about it, which I was trying to avoid.
- I feel a little helpless, so I had to clean up the kitchen last night even though I was a little painful. Not doing laundry is also bothering me. Though Liesel has done a great jobs with these chores that are usually mine.
- Men my age or even a bit younger should have their PSA checked regularly.
- My two day hospital stay (not sure if surgery is included but I think it is) cost $33,000.
- Picture to the right is of me leaving the hospital after a two day stay wearing T-shirt #49, in which I discussed the coolness of wings and flight. These themes are probably why I grabbed the shirt to wear out of the hospital.
- Damn, why didn't I think to wear a T-shirt to surgery and photo document the whole thing? I actually did think of it and then rejected the idea.
- Liesel has gone back to work, and I have to teach another class this morning. Ho hum. Back to work.
- chris tower - 1308.21 - 8:40