I lived in New York for a few months in 1985 while doing a college internship.
I lived on 46th street just off Broadway part of the time and on a boat on the Hudson River's 79th Street Boat Basin.
I worked at Marvel Comics. More to come about that experience.
The time I spent in New York forever changed me and my sense of identity.
I have been back many times to visit. More on the subject of New York in future entries as I have more than one T-shirt featuring the grand old Big Apple of Manhattan.
Grading robot is in full swing, so this one is short.
Ten great things about New York.
Not even the ten best things or my ten favourite things.
Just ten things, off the top of my head,
which you can see I have to hang onto in the picture above
or it won't stay sitting on my neck.
- H&H Bagels - Broadway and 80th something - 83rd?
- Art Museums - The Whitney, MOMA, the Guggenheim, Brooklyn
- Tuna and Egg Salad sandwiches at 2 a.m. from the deli
- The little park I found down Park Avenue by Gramercy
- The secret door bookcase in the Magical Childe shoppe
- Ray's Pizza by the Slice
- Riding at the back or front of the subway train and watching the tunnels
- Chinatown (just the whole thing basically, but definitely Wo Hop on Mott)
- The Empire State (so you can always tell where you are)
- The Village Voice (a good read)
New York. It's just one of a few of my favorite things.
COMICS FOR 1307.24 (July 24, 2013)
Superior Spider-Man #014
The Flash #22
Justice League Dark (Trinity pt.3) #22
Uncanny Avengers #010
Ultimate X-Men #29
- chris tower - 1307.25 - 14:38